Thursday 26 January 2017

Diploma Module 1 Chapter 5 - Colour Study continued

This section contains further work from my sketchbook related to a range of coloured papers.  As many of the pages in my sketchbook could be expanded to produce interesting papers for design exercises I have only worked on a few additional ideas for papers here, some of which expand the use of textured plates made for earlier sketchbook pages.

Images 194 and 195 are papers washed with blue black Quink ink and then discharged with thin bleach using variously a cocktail stick, cotton wool bud. Text from Joni Mitchell's Song to a Seagull and an appropriate quote from Debbie Lyddon's blog were also added.




Images 196 and 197 show various papers.



Images 198 - 201 are pockets from my sketchbook made to hold rubbings taken from stitch samples. The texture was created using emulsion applied thickly to give texture and then rubbed with metallic rub-ons from Art Van Go.  I was rather aggressive in my rubbing and managed to remove a few layers of skin from my finger - Health and Safety warning!  It did produce a sense of movement on the page though.








No comments:

Post a Comment