Thursday 26 January 2017

Debbie Lyddon Workshop

I was fortunate to be able to attend a Waxed and Stitched Collage workshop given by Debbie Lyddon at InStitches. My work on the two days was based on one of my Summer School 2016 designs (see blog posted 24th July 2016).

Starting with a base of three colours (Image 202) we painted papers and fabrics and produced three collages - one paper (Image 203), one paper and fabric (Images 204 and 205) and one fabric (Image 206).  These were machine and hand stitched and waxed using paraffin wax.






Bearing in mind my research theme is 'gulls, with an emphasis on shadows' I was particularly please with the result of the fabric and paper collage (Images 204 and 205).

P.S. Yes, I'm still twining 'pods'.  Regard this as an early Easter Egg - one you don't have to search a DVD for!


No comments:

Post a Comment