Wednesday 26 March 2014

Taster Module 8 – Colour Stitchery

A selection was made from Image 13 of the colour studies of the tree trunk on which to base my colour stitchery.

Image 35 colour stitchery colour swatch selection

Now, looking again at Image 35 just before I press the publish button, I can’t see the orange I’d seen in the paper printout used when doing my samples, so I’ve added a close up of the printout I used (Image 35A).
So that’s quite interesting: my samples are based on what an Epson printer thought the colours were!  I should have used the original colour study.

Image 35A colour stitchery colour swatch selection

A group of stranded cottons was chosen.

Image 36 thread selction

Encroaching Gobelin Stitch and three strands of stranded cotton in various colours.

Image 37 colour stitchery 1

Image 38 colour stitchery 2

Ridge Stitch and three strands of just one colour in the needle, the overlapping of the different coloured stitches merged the colours.

Image 39 colour stitchery 3

Pineapple Half Drop Stitch and up to three strands of different coloured threads in the needle.

Image 40 colour stitchery 4

Cashmere Diagonal Stitch and one strand of space dyed rayon thread.

Image 41 colour stitchery 5

No comments:

Post a Comment